Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Muncie smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in full command of your Muncie home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Muncie help you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may disarm or arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a backup battery and cellular functionality for added reliability. It also gives you total remote operability through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Check live or saved video from any connected security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Muncie by setting schedules or establishing preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and each sensor in your home will activate.
- To disarm, just slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open window or door will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the security system by following the instructions above. You will then confirm you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Muncie
Even though various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will probably want to add an additional user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, choose phone or email and enter the information to deliver an invitation.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, press users, select the user you wish to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security via an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Muncie smart home. Contact (765) 562-9379 to get started.